Monday, October 20, 2014

What I learned about life and death from a falling leaf....





I asked the leaf whether it was frightened because 

it was autumn and the other leaves were falling.... 

The leaf replied, 


No. During the whole Spring and 

Summer I was completely alive. 


I worked hard to help nourish the tree, 

and now much of me is in the tree. 

I am not limited by this form. I am also

the whole tree, and when I go back to the soil, I 


will continue to nourish the tree. So I don’t worry 


at all. As I leave this branch and float to the ground, 


I will wave to the tree and tell her,



‘I will see you again very soon.’


That day there was a wind blowing and after a while,

I saw the leaf leave the branch and float down to the 

soil, dancing joyfully, because as it floated it saw itself 

already there back in the tree. It was so happy. 

I bowed my head, knowing that I have a lot to learn 

from the leaf.


Thich Nhat Hanh 





Like the leaf, many believe we are created (born), live to feed the world we live in and then die. Only to be born again and repeat our journey of nourishing our world.
BR

No comments: